FN® e-novation is inserting new technologies within small arms market focusing on three main areas (Small Arms Management Solutions, Aiming Solutions, Training Solutions) to support armed forces in building their readiness level and combat performances. FN® e-novation productizes fire control systems, weapon sensors and computer vision for firearms and enables new warfighter capabilities using state of the art technologies.
As part of the development of the FN® e-novation product range, the Senior Hardware Developer will design, test and debug the hardware subsystem of FN e-novation products. It will ensure that the hardware development of new products are well architectured and carried out in compliance with standards and with a high degree of quality. This will help to maintain and advance FNH's competitive position
The Senior Hardware Developer reports directly to the FN® e-novation “Hardware Development Team Leader” and plays a key role in the organization. He/she is involved in every stage of a project where hardware development is concerned, from exploration phase, going through development, qualification and industrialization. The Senior Hardware Developer will be involved in all hardware development activities of a project in close collaboration with the project manager, the software/firmware developers and the mechanical designer.
Yours responsabilities :
• Designing (circuits, schematics & PCB Layouts), implementing and improving hardware in product development projects.
• Developing firmware
• Conducting research and feasibility studies in market & advanced technology of product to be developed.
• Defining complex hardware architectures for a product and/or a product line to be developed.
• Ensuring the compliance of all hardware safety & EMC aspects in a project.
• Working on RF designs and RF simulations.
• Optimizing low power performances of the product designs.
• Optimizing hardware bill of materials (quality, efficiency, availability, homogeneity and cost).
• Finding solutions for obsolete components replacements.
• Troubleshooting, analyzing and solving any technical issues in product development cycle.
• Preparing project documentation and various reports.
• Ensuring the technical assistance/coordination to SW/FW developers and working in close collaboration with mechanical designers for electronics integration in the products.
The profile sought is primarily a technical expert with excellent technical knowledge in the field of hardware embedded electronics, low power, signal analysis and embedded software.
The candidate must be able to communicate easily to an internal and external audience, in French and English, in order to convey his/her ideas and points of view.
FN® e-novation products have a significant footprint in the group's subsidiaries, particularly in Finland (Noptel) and FN America. It goes without saying that "soft skills" are key to the success of the missions entrusted to him/her.
Level of Education and Experience:
• Master's degree in electronics engineering or equivalent by experience
• 10+ years of experience in hardware development of embedded electronics products
* Technical & Business Skills:
• Excellent knowledge in analog and digital electronics
• Excellent knowledge in communication protocols: SPI, I2C, USB, RS232-422-485,...
• Excellent knowledge in wireless connectivity (BLE, NFC, RFID, ZigBee,…) and radiofrequencies
• Excellent knowledge in EMC and hardware safety aspects
• Excellent knowledge in low power designs
• Knowledge in embedded software development
• Knowledge in C/C++/C#/Java/Python
• Microsoft Office suite and SharePoint
• Excellent knowledge with specific electronics design and simulation tools
o Altium Designer
* Languages :
• Fluent in French
• Excellent English knowledge to communicate internationally
Des questions ?
Prenez contact avec votre recruteur Stéphanie SAINTES ou contactez notre service de recrutement.